There are many good attorneys in the United States. However, there are some lawyers that, even though they may be financially successful, do not conduct themselves in a manner that reflects well upon the legal field in general. Some examples include:
- Lawyers who prey upon the fears of their clients.
- Lawyers who talk down to their clients and fail to answer their clients’ questions.
- Lawyers who don’t return phone calls (either to their clients or opponents).
- Lawyers who have their support staff contact the client on important issues rather than call the client themselves.
- Lawyers who don’t make it clear to their clients what options are available to them.
- Lawyers who don’t communicate all important developments.